Wednesday 20 June 2012

Anime Review - Maria Holic

Another anime that didn't appeal to me too well, sadly. This review has one honorable aspect though, it's the first review that isn't either a rewrite or a repost from MAL. I will write it smoother and not too held on the grid this time, while trying to mention all the important aspects, and list individual ratings seperately.

When I started with Maria Holic (excuse my inability to write a fxcking cross lol), I wanted to see some funny story with GL moments all over and a shocking surprise at the end. I got none of it, even though they intended it as a comedy. Many of the used jokes seemed quite cliché or unamusing to me, I grinned or laughed maybe like a few times, and nothing was excessive. Where we go now - There's no story to follow at all, it's just these jokes all over. I couldn't enjoy this anime too well. Not even the expected GL romance, aside from some of Kanako's fantasies. As for the characters, their personalities were unique enough, but predictable and sometimes annoying. Art was fine though, and the opening was pretty amazingly done, while the ending was quite catchy.

Rating sheet:
---------------
Story: 2/10
Art: 7/10
Sound: 8/10
Character: 5/10
Enjoyment: 3/10
-----------------
Overall>> 4/10

Not too enjoyable for my expectations, but well if you like pretty cliché humor, or simply this kind of humor, go for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment