Saturday 28 April 2012

Anime Review - D.Gray-man


Again, revised one! Or more like...rewritten one. The one I wrote there was really bad.

D.Gray-man makes the ring of a classical generic shonen at first glance. With that you can expect long fightings, bad animation, boring fillers, etc etc... but not with this anime.
I have to admit, when I looked at the length I was hestitant. I expected something similar to Naruto or Bleach, but I still got into it since I wanted to see whether this is also a let-down. And the contrary happened - D.Gray-man became one of my all-time favourites and regained my trust in shonen animes.

Actually it has a seinen ring to it. And the manga is godly.

Story - 10/10
Seems low-paced at the start, but in the second half it caught up into a stable sequence and I couldn't clearly tell the borders of the arc which is a really good thing. It even begins to take your breath and pulls you into shocks. Some episodes show the unexpected and what you thought was impossible. Make sure you don't give up on the first half, though. Detail: This is probably the only anime I saw with enjoyable fillers that actually go to the plot very well.

Animation - 9/10
Can't say it's flawless. But it's really nice for a shonen anime. The characters mature in the progress which is a positive thing, and the boys are drawn very handsome. Detail: In the manga, the recent artstyle is pretty much 10/10.

Sound - 10/10
Openings: Nice, Endings: Nice, Seiyuu: Fine. All's well.

Character - 10/10
Yep. The character of the characters was clear to tell in the most cases. A kind guy who wants to help everyone, a nice girl that cares about everyone, an arrogant sexy bastard <3 who doesn't show his deepest emotions, and a cheerful perverted young man! You can describe most of the cast as easy like this. Can't put down points.

Enjoyment - 10/10 - goes even above.
This anime can be seen several times after eachother and still be enjoyed by some people, I'm one of them. I can't say any more than I loved it.

Overall - 10/10
Favourited. There are not much anime that turn out like this. I have to admit it wasn't the MOST ORIGINAL anime I've ever seen but...I don't really care about that much anymore.
Who do I reccomend this to: All people that like to watch shonen animes and would love to see them develop slightly more. Then, girls who like to see pretty boys, and yaoi shippers. And basically anyone beside people who rate their anime very strictly, people who seek for incredibly original anime and people who have a grudge against shonens.

No comments:

Post a Comment