Saturday 28 April 2012

Anime Review - School Days


Short version: *epic orbital holy facepalm*


Long version:
You might just stumble across my review and say haters gonna hate, but I dislike this anime for a legit reason. 
Let me get it straight- I don´t hate psychological anime, I have one in my favourites, actually. But this anime features incredibly stupid characters, that make the story go all facepalm-worthy. I couldn´t enjoy it well and raged every second. The ending was decent though, and this anime only describes "psychological" at the end. Moving onto the single particles...I´ll start with the best. 

Sound - 9/10
It wasn´t a OST to throw me out of the chair, but I liked it. Opening was indeed great music and the EDs were listenable, though I mostly skipped them. But see no flaws, good job.

Art - 6/10
Sometimes the movement got stuck on a picture, and I think it could have been done better, but it was OK

Rest is below average.

Story - 3/10 At first the story got me thinking "This will be a sweet shoujo anime." I didn´t look at the genres but I heard it has several endings so I can pick. Then I got mindfucked at the end of episode 1. After that I got busy and recently picked it up again.... I was astonished (in a really bad way) how the story was affected by character stupidity and it made me hate almost all of the cast. So I sticked to the bad end and I must say it could´ve been way nicer and better.

Enjoyment - 1/10 Character stupidity was very dominant, I couldn´t enjoy the plot of the anime at all. I really facepalmed all the way through the anime, sometimes even past my facepalm limits (orbital facepalm) and raged out on Skype to my friends from the Vocamania community.

And lastly, the worst part of the anime...
Characters - 1/10 but actually some sub-zero number.
I swear...The characters acted all irrational and stupid. I had no idea what was going on in their brains during the story, the only thing I got was that they snapped to the end. I needed orbital facepalms, rages and tableflips to pull through this.

Overall: 2/10
Considering most of the anime I watch I usually rate higher than 5, and the worst rating I've ever given is 2, it was a really bad anime, although the 2 is high, meaning it's still better than Tenjou Tenge IMO. But I can't reccomend it to anyone. Really.....Don´t watch this, unless you want to blow your brain with facepalms.

No comments:

Post a Comment