Sunday 29 April 2012

Anime Review - Persona 4 the Animation



I will admit I haven't watched Trinity Soul to this point. I will watch it someday but I don't know whether it will affect my rating on this anime. I haven't played the game either, but I want to someday.

But now to the point...People usually expect animes based off video games to suck, since well it's better to play it than to watch it. True, but I haven't played the game yet. I haven't got any PlayStation 2 at home as of now. Though, I'm playing a persona-related game online called Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine and that had a positive effect on my rating for this anime. And so this anime made it to my favourites.

Now for the review.

Story 9/10
Beggining was a bit repetitive and slow-paced. But not the type that bored me to death, for a unknown reason it was pretty nice. Probably because I liked the unveiling of the characters' personalities. After the repetitiveness, the anime took up the puzzling aspect of a detective anime and when Naoto joined the team, all got totally complicated, so as the characters were resolving it, that amused me. Got 9 points out of 10 in the end.

Art 10/10
No flaws. The artstyle maked the characters look pretty mature, and how they looked like with glasses was lovely GJ

Sound 9/10
Nothing astonishing, but sound was quite catchy.

Character 10/10
YES! Advanced personality. Not all the unidentificable black and white, relatively mature way of thinking, even some unique kind of traits. I really liked the characters of this anime. Yu Narukami's personality amused me at times. GJ

Enjoyment 10/10
Combining touching episodes, investigation episodes, fighting, and simple slice of life episodes, adding a tad bit of good humour and gay jokes + SMT:I demon referrences, this anime really WAS enjoyable for me and I can't deduct any point from it. GJ

Overall 10/10
Favourited. Awesome!

Recommended for: All 'Imaginers' who enjoy what I named in enjoyment.

No comments:

Post a Comment