Saturday 28 April 2012

Anime Review - Mnemosyne: Mnemosyne no Musume-tachi


Mnemosyne is an anime which has a name hard to spell, but it's quite enjoyable, I gotta admit... I liked it, but I can't say it would be something truly breathtaking. 


Story - 9/10 
Looking at the storyline of these from a broader aspect, it was indeed nicely done. The characters had no objective at first, but they developed into something really grand. It was really very original, but it could be interpreted in a slightly more breathtaking way for sure. 9 is a really good mark.

Art - 8/10
Looking mature there, aren't we? Artstyle was nice, though sometimes it was drawn a bit too spicy for my mind ( o.///o). And the males could've turned out sliightly better.

Sound - 10/10
Saw no severe flaws in voice acting, and the opening and ending were rockish which I really like. Full point count.

Enjoyment - 7/10
45-minute episodes (Doctor Who style lolol) are pretty tough to bite through. But if I were to compare Doctor Who to this (i know now you're going to ask what the heck am I doing? xD), Mnemosyne's episode really seemed 45 minute long while Doctor Who seemed like 25. The interestingness of Mnemosyne was decent, but it could be way better indeed. Still above average, not much repetitiveness and not much flashbacks. Some moments left me like WTF am I watching but in the end I liked it much more than hated.

Overall - 8/10
High 8 indeed. I was thinking a while whether 8 or 9, I might raise it to 9 later. It is a good anime, but nothing that I would favourite and adore forever. Also could be a bit better, but I'm content with how it turned out. :)

To whom I recommend this?: If you seek for extreme originality and detective animes, AND like boobies and lesbian and heterosexual sex hints, this anime is paradise for you. If you like some of it, you may want to give it a try :)

No comments:

Post a Comment